Virtual Workspace For MSPs
MSPs: Now’s the Time to Get into Remote Desktops
We don’t have to tell you that the business landscape has changed drastically. More people than ever are working remotely and plan – or at least hope – to do so indefinitely. To retain and recruit employees with this mindset, many organizations are seeking ways to enable them to efficiently and cost-effectively work from wherever they are and from any device. The solution they’re gravitating to is what’s known as cloud or remote desktop services.
These technology solutions enable work-from-anywhere options, providing users with access to the data and applications they need to work wherever they are. They usually take the form of virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS), or Workspace-as-a-Service (WaaS). Read Remote Desktops Go Mainstream for definitions of these services and some of the pros and cons of each.
If you’re an MSP interested in a new revenue stream and offering a solution to meet growing demand, there’s never been a better time to offer one of these remote desktop services. But not all cloud desktop services are equal. Some, like US Signal’s Virtual Workspace, offer competitive advantages for MSPs and meet a broad range of customer needs.
Virtual Workspace at Acronis Summit
To get the in-depth story on Virtual Workspace, catch Chris Bolek’s presentation at the upcoming Acronis #CyberFit Summit in Miami, Florida that runs October 25-27. Both virtual and in-person options are available. Chris, who is a national cloud and carrier network solution architect for US Signal, will provide a big picture view of Virtual Workspace and its benefits, as well as some of the operational details. That includes:
- How to provision Virtual Workspaces (RDS or VDI) in minutes without the need to login to VMware or manually build a domain controller, application server (or servers), or terminal servers
- How to manage customers, their users, their applications, and security from a single portal
- How to use automation tools for auto-discovery of new server deployment, guest OS activated encryption
- How to scale management of a Virtual Workspace offering and grow revenue stream
Another key point Chris will cover -- and a significant advantage of Virtual Workspace -- the power of Acronis-enabled managed and automated backups with each Virtual Workspace deployment.
Virtual Workspace Overview
If you’re not familiar with US Signal’s Virtual Workspace, here’s a brief overview and some of the reasons to consider adding it to your solution portfolio:
- It’s PaaS-based, so there’s no infrastructure investment or capital expenses required.
- It features a SaaS-based management portal that makes it easy to deploy, manage, and optimize virtual workspaces from a centralized location. It enables desktop deployment into logical workflows per cloud best practices and delivers high-performance GPU machines at an affordable cost. Customizable resource scheduling optimizes infrastructure spend. Because it’s SaaS-based, it’s always updated and supported.
- It’s powered by US Signal’s VMware Cloud Verified infrastructure, which means greater flexibility, agility, scalability, and security.
- Users can access business applications, desktops, and data from anywhere and any device if they have a web browser and connection to the internet.
- The per-seat fee covers all compute infrastructure, virtual machines, networking, patching, anti-virus licensing, managed Palo Alto firewall service, and backups managed by US Signal to a geo-diverse US Signal data center with preset backup and retention schedules.
- Your customers will appreciate predictable monthly billing and no data transfer fees
- You have the flexibility to offer the Tier 1 level support for an additional revenue stream
The US Signal Advantages
Another reason to consider offering Virtual Workspace is the advantage of working with US Signal.
Specific to Virtual Workspace, US Signal powers all backend services, including managed backup, remote monitoring and management, managed firewall, and anti-virus. Security and availability are further reinforced by US Signal’s reliable multi-tenant cloud, SSAE-18 audited data centers, privately owned network, and 24/7 technical support.
Then there are the broader advantages of working with US Signal. For example, not all customers – or MSPs – are comfortable working with the big cloud providers.
US Signal inspires trust among its customers and partners through the robust, reliable infrastructure that underlies its solutions – and the personalized service its team delivers to support them.
US Signal’s solutions are powered by its wholly-owned, fiber network — extending throughout 10 states with metro rings in 20 markets, access to over 225 data centers and POPs, and redundant Tier 1 peering relationships to deliver:
- Guaranteed bandwidth, performance, security, agility, and network speed to meet changing business requirements and build future-ready capabilities
- Direct connectivity to US Signal’s robust cloud and data protection services
- Private access to hyperscale cloud services
- One hop network exchanges to top content and SaaS providers
With PCI-certified, HIPAA-compliant data centers and cloud infrastructure in key Midwest cities, US Signal delivers IT solutions where they’re needed — close to where your customers are so they can securely deliver content and services with minimal latency and maximum reliability – and always know where their data is...
US Signal also provides support to help you meet your customers’ needs and keep them satisfied. Our partner coordinator and team of account professionals are always available to help. In addition, the US Signal Technical Operation Center (TOC) operates 24/7/365, and calls are typically answered within 30 seconds. There's no putting you on hold or passing you off to a series of other technicians. The professionals who answer the TOC line are trained to handle just about any IT issue that could arise.
Get Started Now
To learn more about Virtual Workspace and other US Signal solutions you may wish to add to your solution portfolio, call (866) 274-4625 or email [email protected].