Detroit Metro, Michigan Data Center & Colocation
Conveniently located near the Detroit Metro Airport and major transportation routes, the Detroit Metro Data Center is purpose-built for secure, reliable colocation and cloud services.
It offers over 25,000 square feet of space — scalable to 100,000 square feet — for cages, cabinets or racks. Designed to Tier 3 standards, it also features best-of-breed equipment and leading-edge technologies.
As with all US Signal data centers, the Detroit Metro Data Center employs industry best practices for data center operations and security.
Leverage the Cloud Pod
Take advantage of the Detroit Metro Data Center’s VMWare-based cloud pod. Leverage private Layer 2 connections to US Signal Cloud resources, as well as direct connections to hyperscale providers.
It also can help you optimize resource utilization (active/active deployment), get support for roaming and home desktops, and access extensive geo-diverse data protection solutions.
Enjoy Peace of Mind
It’s not Fort Knox, but the Detroit Metro Data Center includes security and access control features to help keep your IT assets safe and your operations uninterrupted.
In addition to things like biometric iris scanners and digital video surveillance, the Detroit Metro Data Center is located and constructed to minimize the risks of natural disasters.
Protect Your IT Assets for $100*
For a limited time, you can get a secure cabinet at US Signal’s new Detroit Metro data center — for only $100*.
Purchase power to our new US Signal data center in Detroit, MI, and get a cabinet for $100 a month and free access up to 1 Gbps total*.
Fill out the form to get started.
Designed to Tier 3 Standards
- 25,000 SF of space scalable to 100,000 SF
- Purpose built to Tier 3 standards
- Hardened low profile concrete building
- Diverse fiber feed interconnecting thousands of route miles of US Signal- owned fiber for resilient, redundant regional, state, and national connectivity
- Availability onsite for US Signal’s full cloud services product offerings
- Onsite and remote operation center management & control facility
- Easy access to major thoroughfares (airport, highway systems, etc)
- Well-planned location away from areas prone to natural disasters
- Segmented layout with biometric access security
- Property parameter access control features with vehicle forced intrusion prevention (security fencing)
- Digital video surveillance monitored live in US Signal TOC, recordings kept for at least 90 days
- Full back-up power systems for each feed to include onsite diesel power generation and AC UPS
- 2+2 megawatt substation feeds per data center module
- Feeds will have north and south entrances to the building; feeds engineered to 40% capacity so either north or south feed can fully absorb the other
- N+X cooling system design utilizing the latest efficiencies of free cooling technology
- Raised data center floor
- Ecaro-25 fire suppression
Compliance is Standard
Like all US Signal colocation facilities, the Detroit Metro Data Center data center undergoes regular audits for compliance with:
- PCI DSS
- SSAE 18 SOC 1, TYPE 2
- SOC 2, Type 1
It’s also certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework.
To learn more about compliance — including how to identify and work with PCI- and/or HIPAA-compliant cloud services providers, download Partnering for Compliance in the Cloud.