The Detroit Metro Data Center is one of US Signal’s two SSAE 18-audited, HIPAA-compliant, PCI-certified Detroit data centers. Conveniently located near the Detroit Metro Airport and major transportation routes in Van Buren Township, it features over 25,000 square feet of space — scalable to 100,000 square feet.
With an SLA for 99.995% uptime, US Signal helps ensure your critical IT assets are always up and accessible — whether you use the Detroit Metro data center for enterprise-grade cloud services, reliable, scalable colocation, a secondary disaster recovery site, or as a component of your hybrid IT strategy.
Half cabinets, full cabinets and private cages are available, along with reliable multi-tenant cloud and hosted private cloud services, 24/7 security, power and cooling, connectivity choices, and more to meet your needs for cloud services and colocation in Detroit, Michigan.
- Full back-up power systems for each feed, including onsite diesel power generation and AC UPS
- Two 2-megawatt substation feeds
- Feeds have north and south entrances to the building; feeds engineering to 40% capacity so either north or south feed can fully absorb the other
- N+1 data center architecture
- Two 3000 amp, three-phase 480V transfer switches
- Two 2-Megawatt Cummins diesel generators
- Two Megawatt Vertiv EXM UPS with battery backup
- N+1 cooling system design using free cooling technologies
- 24-inch raised floor
- Overhead mechanical hot air returns
- Photoelectric photo sensors for environmental monitoring
- 100 tons of cooling via Liebert DSE cooling systems
- Meets NFPA 75 requirements for data center fire protection and suppression
- Ecaro 25 plus dry fire suppression throughout the building
- Early warning smoke and leak detection system
- Outside 100-year flood plain
- Close to the Detroit Metro airport, major highway traffic arteries, main rail lines, and navigable waterways
- Built to International Building Code (IBC 2006) standards
- Meets TIA-942 fire resistance requirements for exterior bearing and non-bearing walls and interior bearing walls, structural fame, interior computer room partition walls, and shaft enclosures
- Hardened low profile concrete building with walls thick enough to withstand vehicular impacts
- Access floor panel construction (all steel, computer-grade)
- Parking area physically separated from loading docks
- Minimum 4 foot wide required exit corridors
Ready for a Tour?
See our purpose-built data center with over 40,000 square feet for data storage?
Leverage the Cloud Pod
Take advantage of the Detroit Metro data center’s VMware-based cloud pod to run your workloads in the cloud and enjoy high availability, low latency and high-level security. Leverage private Layer 2 connections to US Signal Cloud resources — including US Signal’s HIPAA- and PCI DSS-compliant -hosted private cloud and public cloud resource pools. Use US Signal’s Cloud-to-Data Center (CDC) connection to move workloads to the US Signal cloud. With non-cloud infrastructure and virtualized workloads in the same facility, you can take advantage fast, reliable data transfer between the two environments.
You can also use US Signal’s Virtual Cloud Connect to establish layer 3 connectivity to directly connect to hyperscale providers, such as AWS, Google, and Azure. Plus, Detroit Metro’s cloud pod can help you optimize resource utilization (active/active deployment), get support for roaming and home desktops, and access extensive geo-diverse data protection solutions.
Network and Connectivity
Get direct connection to US Signal's wholly-owned, 9,500-mile fiber backbone and more.
- Multiple diverse pathways from several access provider central offices to the data center
- Redundant routers and switches with redundant up links
- Redundant backbone cabling and pathways
- Direct, dedicated network connections to major cloud providers without peering directly or collocating networking equipment in a provider-supported data center.
- Virtual Cloud Connect to establish layer 3 connectivity to hyperscale providers, including AWS, Azure, and Google.
- Cloud-to-Data Center (CDC) connection for dedicated Layer 2 access between collocated IT assets and US Signal public cloud resources when housed in the same US Signal data center.
- Replication and backup data paths available via layer 3 connectivity on the US Signal owned and operated backbone enabling data transfer of 5-10 ms.
Take a Look Inside
- Conference Room
- Biometric Scan
- Security Office
- Loading Dock
- Air gap for efficiency
- Raised Floor
- Dual back up generators
- HVAC (N + X)
- Hardened low profile concrete building
- Clean agent fire suppression
- Segmented layout with biometric access
Compliance is Standard
Our data center services are secure and reliable, all while maintaining accessibility and availability to your IT assets. Customers colocating in the Detroit Metro data center can have peace of mind knowing there's on-site security staffed Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. and 24/7/365 facility and systems monitoring.
There's physical surveillance and building defenses such as biometric access control with iris scanners on all doors and bullet-resistant security rooms. As well as managed security services including web application security, vulnerability management, and remote patch management.
Like all US Signal colocation facilities, the Detroit Metro data center undergoes regular audits for compliance with:
- SSAE 18, SOC 1, Type 2
- SOC 2, Type 1
- FBI CJIS
- GDPR Privacy Shield
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
To learn more about compliance — including how to identify and work with PCI- and/or HIPAA-compliant cloud services providers, download Partnering for Compliance in the Cloud. Or, contact us to find out how US Signal’s well-governed, high-quality IT infrastructure can help your company meet many of its compliance requirements.