Detroit Metro, Michigan Data Center & Colocation
Conveniently located near the Detroit Metro Airport and major transportation routes, the Detroit Metro Data Center is purpose-built for secure, reliable colocation and cloud services.
It offers over 25,000 square feet of space — scalable to 100,000 square feet — for cages, cabinets or racks. Designed to Tier 3 standards, it also features best-of-breed equipment and leading-edge technologies.
As with all US Signal data centers, the Detroit Metro Data Center employs industry best practices for data center operations and security.
Leverage the Cloud Pod
Take advantage of the Detroit Metro data center’s VMWare-based cloud pod to run your workloads in the cloud and enjoy high availability, low latency and high-level security. Leverage private Layer 2 connections to US Signal Cloud resources — including US Signal’s HIPAA- and PCI DSS-compliant -hosted private cloud and public cloud resource pools.
You can also use US Signal’s Virtual Cloud Connect to establish layer 3 connectivity to directly connect to hyperscale providers, such as AWS, Google, and Azure. Plus, Detroit Metro’s cloud pod can help you optimize resource utilization (active/active deployment), get support for roaming and home desktops, and access extensive geo-diverse data protection solutions.
Protect Your IT Assets for $100*
For a limited time, you can get a secure cabinet at US Signal’s new Detroit Metro data center — for only $100*.
Purchase power to our new US Signal data center in Detroit, MI, and get a cabinet for $100 a month and free access up to 1 Gbps total*.
Fill out the form to get started.
Direct connection to US Signal's wholly-owned, 14,000-mile fiber backbone
- Multiple diverse pathways from several access provider central offices to the data center
- Redundant routers and switches with redundant up links
- Redundant backbone cabling and pathways
- Direct, dedicated network connections to major cloud providers without peering directly or collocating networking equipment in a provider-supported data center.
- Virtual Cloud Connect to establish layer 3 connectivity to hyperscale providers, including AWS, Azure, and Google.
- Cloud-to-Data Center (CDC) connection for dedicated Layer 2 access between collocated IT assets and US Signal public cloud resources when housed in the same US Signal data center.
- Replication and backup data paths available via layer 3 connectivity on the US Signal owned and operated backbone enabling data transfer of 5-10 ms.
- Full back-up power systems for each feed, including onsite diesel power generation and AC UPS
- Two 2-megawatt substation feeds
- Feeds have north and south entrances to the building; feeds engineering to 40% capacity so either north or south feed can fully absorb the other
- N+1 data center architecture
- Two 3000 amp, three-phase 480V transfer switches
- Two 2-Megawatt Cummins diesel generators.
- Two Megawatt Vertiv EXM UPS with battery backup.
- N+1 cooling system design using free cooling technologies
- 24-inch raised floor
- Overhead mechanical hot air returns
- Photoelectric photo sensors for environmental monitoring
- 100 tons of cooling via Liebert DSE cooling systems
- Meets NFPA 75 requirements for data center fire protection and suppression
- Ecaro 25 plus dry fire suppression throughout the building
- Early warning smoke and leak detection system
- Outside 100-year flood plain and more than 300 feet from 50-year flood plain
- Close to the Detroit Metro airport, major highway traffic arteries, main rail lines, and navigable waterways
- Built to International Building Code (IBC 2006) standards
- Meets TIA-942 fire resistance requirements for exterior bearing and non-bearing walls and interior bearing walls, structural fame, interior computer room partition walls, and shaft enclosures
- Hardened low profile concrete building with walls thick enough to withstand vehicular impacts
- Windowless structure with doors meeting minimum fire rating code requirements
- Access floor panel construction (all steel, computer-grade)
- Parking area physically separated from loading docks
- Minimum 4 foot wide required exit corridors
- On-site security staffing Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. and 24/7/365 facility and systems monitoring
- Building entrance with security checkpoints (Primary building entrance manned)
- Bullet-resistant security counter in lobby
- Security office
- Field device UPS capacity building + battery (8-hour minimum)
- All cabinets and cages include combination locks
- Biometric access control with iris scanners on all doors
- Advanced CCTV surveillance system monitors that records interior and exterior activity at 20 frames per second; monitored live by US Signal Technical Operations Center; records kept minimum 90 days
- Managed security services available including web application security, vulnerability management, and remote patch management services
Take a Look Inside
The Detroit Metro facility is one of two data centers that US Signal has built from the ground up, fully designed for data center and colocation operations. Customers who have access can schedule meetings in its beautiful conference room.Download Floorplan
Compliance is Standard
Like all US Signal colocation facilities, the Grand Rapids Easts Center data center undergoes regular audits for compliance with:
- SSAE 18, SOC 1, Type 2
- SOC 2, Type 1
- FBI CJIS
- GDPR Privacy Shield
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
To learn more about compliance — including how to identify and work with PCI- and/or HIPAA-compliant cloud services providers, download Partnering for Compliance in the Cloud. Or, contact us to find out how US Signal’s well-governed, high-quality IT infrastructure can help your company meet many of its compliance requirements.