The 40-000-square foot Grand Rapids East Data Center in Kent County is one of US Signal’s two Grand Rapids area data centers and one of our four SSAE 18-audited, HIPAA-compliant, PCI-certified data centers in Michigan. It’s conveniently located near the Gerald R. Ford International Airport, I-96, and other major transportation routes.
In addition to half cabinets, full cabinets and private cages, the Grand Rapids East Data Center offers multi-tenant cloud and hosted private cloud services, data protection services and managed services. Also included are 24/7 security, power and cooling, connectivity choices, and more to meet your Grand Rapids colocation and cloud needs.
With an SLA for 99.995% uptime, US Signal helps ensure your critical IT assets are always up and accessible — whether you use this Grand Rapids data center for enterprise-grade cloud services, reliable, scalable colocation, a secondary disaster recovery site, or as a component of your hybrid IT strategy.
Built to Your StandardsData Center SLA Product Interoperability Matrix Download Specs
- N+1 data center architecture
- Two 2000 amp, three-phase 480V transfer switches; one 800 amp three-phase 480V transfer switch
- Two 1.5 MW Cummins diesel generators; one Cummins 450kW diesel generator
- Two APC Symmetra MW 1400kW UPS with battery backup; one APC Symmetra PX 500kW UPS with battery backup
- DC power with battery backup available
- 252 tons of cooling via Liebert DX and DSE cooling systems
- 24-inch raised floor
- Overhead mechanical hot air returns
- Photoelectric photo sensors for environmental monitoring
- Meets NFPA 75 requirements for data center fire protection and suppression
- Ecaro 25 plus dry fire suppression throughout the building
- Early warning smoke and leak detection system
- Close to the Grand Rapids airport, major highway traffic arteries, main rail lines, and navigable waterways.
- Outside 100-year flood plain
- Built to International Building Code (IBC 2006) standards
- Meets TIA-942 fire resistance requirements for exterior bearing and non-bearing walls and interior bearing walls, structural fame, interior computer room partition walls, and shaft enclosures
- Concrete construction with walls thick enough to withstand vehicular impacts
- Access floor panel construction (all steel, computer-grade)
- Parking area physically separated from loading docks
- Minimum 4 foot wide required exit corridors
Ready for a Tour?
See our purpose-built data center with over 40,000 square feet for data storage.
Leverage the Cloud Pod
Take advantage of the Grand Rapids East data center’s VMWare-based cloud pod to run your workloads in the cloud and enjoy high availability, low latency and high-level security. Leverage private Layer 2 connections to US Signal Cloud resources — including US Signal’s HIPAA- and PCI DSS-compliant -hosted private cloud and public cloud resource pools.
You can also use US Signal’s Virtual Cloud Connect to establish layer 3 connectivity to directly connect to hyperscale providers, such as AWS, Google, and Azure. Plus, Grand Rapid East’s cloud pod can help you optimize resource utilization (active/active deployment), get support for roaming and home desktops, and access extensive geo-diverse data protection solutions.
Network and Connectivity
- Direct connection to the US Signal 9,500 mile fiber backbone
- Multiple diverse pathways from several access provider central offices to the data center
- Redundant routers and switches with redundant up links
- Redundant backbone cabling and pathways
- Direct, dedicated network connections to major cloud providers without peering directly or collocating networking equipment in a provider-supported data center.
- Virtual Cloud Connect to establish layer 3 connectivity to hyperscale providers, including AWS, Azure, and Google.
- Cloud-to-Data Center (CDC) connection for dedicated Layer 2 access between collocated IT assets and US Signal public cloud resources when housed in the same US Signal data center.
- Replication and backup data paths available via layer 3 connectivity on the US Signal owned and operated backbone enabling data transfer of 5-10 ms.
Take a Look Inside
1. Conference Room
4. Biometric Scan
6. Security Office
9. Loading dock
10. Air gap for efficiency
11. Raised floor
12. Dual back up generators
13. HVAC (N + X)
15. Hardened low profile concrete building
17. Clean agent fire suppression
18. Segmented layout with biometric access
Compliance is Standard
Like all US Signal colocation facilities, the Grand Rapids Easts data center undergoes regular audits for compliance with:
- SSAE 18, SOC 1, Type 2
- SOC 2, Type 1
- FBI CJIS
- GDPR Privacy Shield
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
To learn more about compliance — including how to identify and work with PCI- and/or HIPAA-compliant cloud services providers, download Partnering for Compliance in the Cloud. Or, contact us to find out how US Signal’s well-governed, high-quality IT infrastructure can help your company meet many of its compliance requirements.