Grand Rapids East, Michigan Data Center & Colocation
Purpose-built from the ground up for data center operations, the Grand Rapids East, Michigan data center is benchmarked to TIA 942 Tier 3 and 4 standards. It offers over 40,000 square feet of space for cages, cabinets or racks.
Designed for reliability and cost savings, it features best-of-breed equipment and technologies. All critical facility components are redundant, and efficient cooling solutions keep temperature and humidity levels consistent. The data center is also directly connected to US Signal’s robust, secure network, providing you with greater network security and connection options.
Tested storm and emergency preparedness plans and multi-faced recovery plans are in place to help minimize service disruptions and ensure continued operation. Like all US Signal colocation facilities, the Grand Rapids East data center is audited for compliance with HIPAA/HITECH, PCI DSS, and SSAE 18 SOC 1, TYPE 2 and SOC 2, Type 1. It’s also certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework.
Want to see it in person?
See our purpose-built data center with over 40,000 square feet for data storage.
- Additionally insulated with vapor barriered walls, floor, and ceiling
- Available secure loading dock and overhead door access
- Easy access to freeway and airport
- No water near building, not within a 50 or 100 year flood plain as noted in FEMA flood hazard maps
- (2) 2000a 480V 3 phase, (1) 800a 480V 3 phase
- (2) 1.5 MW Cummins diesel generators, (1) Cummins 450kW diesel generator
- (2) APC Symmetra MW 1400kVa UPS with battery backup, (1) APC Symmetra PX 500kVa UPS with battery backup
- DC power with battery backup available
- Power capacity and power quality monitored by US Signal TOC
- 252 tons of cooling via Liebert DX and DSE units
- Total capacity to install 550 tons of cooling
- Fire Suppression
- Ecaro 25 plus dry fire suppression throughout the building
- Photoelectric photo sensors throughout the building
- 24" raised floor used for cooling plenum
- Overhead mechanical hot air returns
- Temperature and humidity monitored by US Signal TOC
- Biometric access control with iris scanners on all doors
- Digital video surveillance monitored live in US Signal TOC, recordings kept for at least 90 days
- Prefabricated concrete building with steel reinforcement
- High tensile steel mesh in all walls