Grand Rapids South Data Center is conveniently located next to US-131 in Byron Center, a southwest suburb of Grand Rapids, Michigan. It’s one of US Signal’s four SSAE 18-audited, HIPAA-compliant, PCI-certified data centers in Michigan.
Half cabinets, full cabinets and private cages are available, along with an SLA for 99.995% uptime, best-of-breed equipment and technologies, 24/7 security, redundant critical facility components and efficient cooling solutions to help ensure reliability and availability. Tested storm and emergency preparedness plans and multi-faced recovery plans are in place to further minimize disruptions.
Grand Rapids South Data Center is also directly connected to US Signal’s robust, secure network, providing you with greater network security and connection options, whether you use it for reliable, scalable colocation, a secondary disaster recovery site, or as a component of your hybrid IT strategy.
Built to Your StandardsData Center SLA Product Interoperability Matrix
- Two 800-amp 480V 3-phase power system
- Two 500kW diesel generators with 24 run time at full load
- 675kVa UPS with battery backup
- DC power with battery backup available
- Power capacity and power quality monitored by US Signal Technical Operations Center
- 240 tons of cooling, via Liebert DX and DS units
- Cold aisle containment throughout the space
- Temperature and humidity monitored by US Signal Technical Operations Center
- FM200 and Ecaro 25 dry fire suppression throughout building
- Photoelectric fire sensors throughout the space
- Outside 100-year flood plain and more than 300 feet from 50-year flood plain
- Close to airport, major highway traffic arteries, main rail lines, and navigable waterways
- Meets TIA-942 fire resistance requirements for exterior bearing and non-bearing walls and interior bearing walls, structural fame, interior computer room partition walls, and shaft enclosures
- Windowless structure with doors meeting minimum fire rating code requirements
Ready for a Tour?
See where your data is stored.
Your Hybrid IT Enabler
Make the Grand Rapids South data center the foundation for a hybrid IT strategy. Colocate IT assets there, maintaining ownership of them without the costs for keeping them on site. When you’re ready, use US Signal’s Cloud-to-Data Center (CDC) connection to move workloads to the US Signal cloud. With non-cloud infrastructure and virtualized workloads in the same facility, you can take advantage fast, reliable data transfer between the two environments.
You can also use US Signal’s Virtual Cloud Connect to establish layer 3 connectivity between your private data center or a US Signal cloud service and hyperscale cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, and Google. You don’t have to peer directly or collocate your networking equipment in a provider-supported data center. With a US Signal data center as your service, you can put your workloads in the environment where they’ll perform best.
Network and Connectivity
- Direct connection to the US Signal 9,500 mile fiber backbone
- Multiple diverse pathways from several access provider central offices to the data center
- Redundant routers and switches with redundant up links
- Redundant backbone cabling and pathways
- Direct, dedicated network connections to major cloud providers without peering directly or collocating networking equipment in a provider-supported data center
- Virtual Cloud Connect to establish Layer 3 connectivity to hyperscale providers, including AWS, Azure, and Google
- Cloud-to-Data Center (CDC) connection for dedicated Layer 2 access between collocated IT assets and US Signal public cloud resources when housed in the same US Signal data center
- Replication and backup data paths available via Layer 3 connectivity on the US Signal owned and operated backbone enabling data transfer of 5-10 ms
Take a Look Inside
1. Conference Room
4. Biometric Scan
6. Security Office
9. Loading dock
10. Dual back up generators
11. HVAC (N + X)
12. Hardened low profile concrete building
14. Clean agent fire suppression
15. Segmented layout with biometric access
Compliance is Standard
Like all US Signal colocation facilities, the Grand Rapids South data center undergoes regular audits for compliance with:
- SSAE 18, SOC 1, Type 2
- SOC 2, Type 1
- FBI CJIS
- GDPR Privacy Shield
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
To learn more about compliance — including how to identify and work with PCI- and/or HIPAA-compliant cloud services providers, download Partnering for Compliance in the Cloud. Or, contact us to find out how US Signal’s well-governed, high-quality IT infrastructure can help your company meet many of its compliance requirements.