Grand Rapids South, Michigan Data Center & Colocation
Conveniently located next to US-131, the Grand Rapids South, Michigan data center offers reliability and cost savings. Half cabinets, full cabinets and private cages are available. The facility can also house your DR site and help ensure your critical IT assets are always up and accessible.
Designed for reliability and cost savings, it features best-of-breed equipment and technologies. All critical facility components are redundant, and efficient cooling solutions keep temperature and humidity levels consistent. The data center is also directly connected to US Signal’s robust, secure network, providing you with greater network security and connection options.
Tested storm and emergency preparedness plans and multi-faced recovery plans are in place to help minimize service disruptions and ensure continued operation. Like all US Signal colocation facilities, the Grand Rapids South data center is audited for compliance with HIPAA/HITECH, PCI DSS, and SSAE 18 SOC 1, TYPE 2 and SOC 2, Type 1. It’s also certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework.
Your Hybrid IT Enabler
Make the Grand Rapids South data center the foundation for a hybrid IT strategy. Colocate IT assets there, maintaining ownership of them without the costs for keeping them on site. When you’re ready, use US Signal’s Cloud-to-Data Center (CDC) connection to move workloads to the US Signal cloud. With non-cloud infrastructure and virtualized workloads in the same facility, you can take advantage fast, reliable data transfer between the two environments.
You can also use US Signal’s Virtual Cloud Connect to establish layer 3 connectivity between your private data center or a US Signal cloud service and hyperscale cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, and Google. You don’t have to peer directly or collocate your networking equipment in a provider-supported data center. With a US Signal data center as your service, you can put your workloads in the environment where they’ll perform best.
Ready for a Tour?
See where your data is stored.
- Direct connection to the US Signal 14,000 mile fiber backbone
- Multiple diverse pathways from several access provider central offices to the data center
- Redundant routers and switches with redundant up links
- Redundant backbone cabling and pathways
- Direct, dedicated network connections to major cloud providers without peering directly or collocating networking equipment in a provider-supported data center
- Virtual Cloud Connect to establish Layer 3 connectivity to hyperscale providers, including AWS, Azure, and Google
- Cloud-to-Data Center (CDC) connection for dedicated Layer 2 access between collocated IT assets and US Signal public cloud resources when housed in the same US Signal data center
- Replication and backup data paths available via Layer 3 connectivity on the US Signal owned and operated backbone enabling data transfer of 5-10 ms
- Two 800-amp 480V 3-phase power system
- Two 500kW diesel generators with 24 run time at full load
- 675kVa UPS with battery backup
- DC power with battery backup available
- Power capacity and power quality monitored by US Signal Technical Operations Center
- 240 tons of cooling, via Liebert DX and DS units
- Cold aisle containment throughout the space
- Temperature and humidity monitored by US Signal Technical Operations Center
- FM200 and Ecaro 25 dry fire suppression throughout building
- Photoelectric fire sensors throughout the space
- Outside 100-year flood plain and more than 300 feet from 50-year flood plain
- Close to airport, major highway traffic arteries, main rail lines, and navigable waterways
- Built to International Building Code (IBC 2006) standards
- Meets TIA-942 fire resistance requirements for exterior bearing and non-bearing walls and interior bearing walls, structural fame, interior computer room partition walls, and shaft enclosures
- Windowless structure with doors meeting minimum fire rating code requirements
- RFID access readers on all doors
- Digital video surveillance monitored live in US Signal Technical Operations Center; recordings kept for at least 90 days
- Steel mesh in all walls for added security
- Managed security services available including web application security, vulnerability management, and remote patch management services
Take a Look Inside
See where your data is stored.Download Floorplan
Compliance is Standard
Like all US Signal colocation facilities, the Grand Rapids Easts Center data center undergoes regular audits for compliance with:
- SSAE 18, SOC 1, Type 2
- SOC 2, Type 1
- FBI CJIS
- GDPR Privacy Shield
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
To learn more about compliance — including how to identify and work with PCI- and/or HIPAA-compliant cloud services providers, download Partnering for Compliance in the Cloud. Or, contact us to find out how US Signal’s well-governed, high-quality IT infrastructure can help your company meet many of its compliance requirements.