Madison, Wisconsin Data Center & Colocation
Located in the heart of downtown Madison — Wisconsin’s capital, US Signal’s Madison Data Center offers half cabinets, full cabinets and private cages to meet your meet your needs for colocation in the Madison area. The SSAE 18-audited, HIPAA-compliant, PCI-certified data center can also serve as a secondary disaster recovery site or as a component of your hybrid IT strategy.
US Signal’s Wisconsin data center keeps your critical IT assets secure and always available, courtesy of an SLA for 99.995% uptime, 24/7 multi-level security, redundant facility components, efficient cooling solutions, and more.
Because the Madison Data Center is directly connected to US Signal’s robust, secure network, you also get access to a variety of reliable network security and connectivity options.
Your Hybrid IT Enabler
Take advantage of the Madison’s VMWare-based cloud pod to run your workloads in the cloud and enjoy high availability, low latency and high-level security. Leverage private Layer 2 connections to US Signal Cloud resources — including US Signal’s HIPAA- and PCI DSS-compliant -hosted private cloud and public cloud resource pools.
There's Always Another Way
You can also use US Signal’s Virtual Cloud Connect to establish layer 3 connectivity between your private data center or a US Signal cloud service to cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, and Google. You don’t have to peer directly or collocate your networking equipment in a provider-supported data center.
Ready for a Tour?
- 400a 480V 3 phase
- 230kW natural gas generator
- 250kVa UPS w/battery backup
- DC power w/battery backup available
- Power capacity and power quality monitored by US Signal Technical Operations Center
- 60 tons of cooling via Liebert Glycool and APC Uniflair units
- Temperature and humidity monitored by US Signal Technical Operations Center
- FM 200 dry fire suppression throughout the space
- Photoelectric fire sensors throughout the space
- Direct connection to the US Signal 14,000 mile fiber backbone
- Multiple diverse pathways from several access provider central offices to the data center
- Redundant routers and switches with redundant up links
- Redundant backbone cabling and pathways
- Direct, dedicated network connections to major cloud providers without peering directly or collocating networking equipment in a provider-supported data center
- Virtual Cloud Connect to establish Layer 3 connectivity to hyperscale providers, including AWS, Azure, and Google.
- Replication and backup data paths available via Layer 3 connectivity on the US Signal owned and operated backbone enabling data transfer of 5-10 ms
- Digital video surveillance monitored live in US Signal Technical Operations Center; recordings kept for at least 90 days
- Managed security services available including web application security, vulnerability management, and remote patch management services
- Updating to RFID access readers on all doors
- Outside 100-year flood plain and more than 300 feet from 50-year flood plain
- Close to airport, major highway traffic arteries, main rail lines, and navigable waterways
- Meets TIA-942 fire resistance requirements for exterior bearing and non-bearing walls and interior bearing walls, structural fame, interior computer room partition walls, and shaft enclosures
- Interior suite with doors meeting minimum fire rating code requirements
Take a Look Inside
Visitors of this facility are welcomed first into a beautiful two-story atrium lobby. Customers can have access to a shared space with tables and chairs for impromptu meetings off the data center floor for your convenience.Download Floorplan
Compliance is Standard
Like all US Signal colocation facilities, the Madison data center undergoes regular audits for compliance with:
- SSAE 18, SOC 1, Type 2
- SOC 2, Type 1
- FBI CJIS
- GDPR Privacy Shield
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
To learn more about compliance — including how to identify and work with PCI- and/or HIPAA-compliant cloud services providers, download Partnering for Compliance in the Cloud. Or, contact us to find out how US Signal’s well-governed, high-quality IT infrastructure can help your company meet many of its compliance requirements.