Located in the heart of downtown Madison — Wisconsin’s capital, US Signal’s Madison Data Center offers half cabinets, full cabinets, and private cages to meet your needs for colocation in the Madison area. The SSAE 18-audited, HIPAA-compliant, PCI-certified data center can also serve as a secondary disaster recovery site or as a component of your hybrid IT strategy.
US Signal’s Wisconsin data center keeps your critical IT assets secure and always available, courtesy of an SLA for 99.995% uptime, 24/7 multi-level security, redundant facility components, efficient cooling solutions, and more.
Because the Madison Data Center is directly connected to US Signal’s robust, secure network, you also get access to a variety of reliable network security and connectivity options.
- 400a 480V 3 phase
- 230kW natural gas generator
- 250kVa UPS w/battery backup
- DC power w/battery backup available
- Power capacity and power quality monitored by US Signal Technical Operations Center
- 60 tons of cooling via Liebert Glycool and APC Uniflair units
- Temperature and humidity monitored by US Signal Technical Operations Center
- FM 200 dry fire suppression throughout the space
- Photoelectric fire sensors throughout the space
- Outside 100-year flood plain and more than 300 feet from 50-year flood plain
- Close to airport, major highway traffic arteries, main rail lines, and navigable waterways
- Meets TIA-942 fire resistance requirements for exterior bearing and non-bearing walls and interior bearing walls, structural fame, interior computer room partition walls, and shaft enclosures
- Interior suite with doors meeting minimum fire rating code requirements
Ready for a Tour?
Your Hybrid IT Enabler
Take advantage of Madison’s VMWare-based cloud pod to run your workloads in the cloud and enjoy high availability, low latency, and high-level security. Leverage private Layer 2 connections to US Signal Cloud resources — including US Signal’s HIPAA- and PCI DSS-compliant -hosted private cloud and public cloud resource pools.
You can also use US Signal’s Virtual Cloud Connect to establish layer 3 connectivity between your private data center or a US Signal cloud service to cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, and Google. You don’t have to peer directly or collocate your networking equipment in a provider-supported data center.
Network and Connectivity
- Direct connection to the US Signal 14,000 mile fiber backbone
- Multiple diverse pathways from several access provider central offices to the data center
- Redundant routers and switches with redundant up links
- Redundant backbone cabling and pathways
- Direct, dedicated network connections to major cloud providers without peering directly or collocating networking equipment in a provider-supported data center
- Virtual Cloud Connect to establish Layer 3 connectivity to hyperscale providers, including AWS, Azure, and Google.
- Replication and backup data paths available via Layer 3 connectivity on the US Signal owned and operated backbone enabling data transfer of 5-10 ms
Take a Look Inside
3. Biometric Scan
5. Network (Dual North and South Entrances)
6. Loading dock
7. Dual back up generators
8. HVAC (N + X)
10. Meet-Me-Cabinet (prebuilt — speed/efficiency)
11. Clean agent fire suppression
Compliance is Standard
Like all US Signal colocation facilities, the Madison data center undergoes regular audits for compliance with:
- SSAE 18, SOC 1, Type 2
- SOC 2, Type 1
- FBI CJIS
- GDPR Privacy Shield
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
To learn more about compliance — including how to identify and work with PCI- and/or HIPAA-compliant cloud services providers, download Partnering for Compliance in the Cloud. Or, contact us to find out how US Signal’s well-governed, high-quality IT infrastructure can help your company meet many of its compliance requirements.