Connected to the Union Station Technology Center (Global Access Point) in fiber-rich Northern Indiana, US Signal’s South Bend data center is one of our two SSAE 18-audited, HIPAA-compliant, PCI-certified Indiana data centers.
Half cabinets, full cabinets and private cages are available, along with 24/7 security, connectivity choices, power and cooling, and all the other essentials to meet your needs for colocation in South Bend, Indiana.
Whether you use the South Bend data center for reliable, scalable colocation, a secondary disaster recovery site, or a component of your hybrid IT strategy, count on US Signal to help ensure your critical IT assets are always up and accessible. Like all US Signal colocation facilities, our South Bend data center offers a service level agreement (SLA) for 99.995% uptime.
- 180a 480V 3 phase
- 150kW diesel generator with 24 hour run time at full load
- DC power w/battery backup available
- Power capacity and power quality monitored by the US Signal Technical Operations Center
- 30 tons of cooling via Liebert and Carrier DX units
- Temperature and humidity monitored by US Signal Technical Operations Center
- FM 200 dry fire suppression throughout the space
- Photoelectric fire sensors throughout the space
- Outside 100-year flood plain and more than 300 feet from 50-year flood plain
- Close to airport, major highway traffic arteries, main rail lines, and navigable waterways
- Meets TIA-942 fire resistance requirements for exterior bearing and non-bearing walls and interior bearing walls, structural fame, interior computer room partition walls, and shaft enclosures
- Windowless structure with doors meeting minimum fire rating code requirements
Ready for a tour?
See where your data is stored.
Your Hybrid IT Enabler
Make the South Bend data center the foundation for a hybrid IT strategy. Colocate IT assets there, maintaining ownership of them without the costs for keeping them on site. You can also use US Signal’s Virtual Cloud Connect to establish layer 3 connectivity between your private data center or a US Signal cloud service and hyperscale cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, and Google. You don’t have to peer directly or collocate your networking equipment in a provider-supported data center. With a US Signal data center as your service, you can put your workloads in the environment where they’ll perform best.
Extend geographic reach. Ensure secure and rapid communication between mission-critical infrastructure, cloud, and SaaS solutions. Connect to more content providers. Increase resiliency. Improve network performance. US Signal can make the connections with direct network access to multiple hosted partner applications housed in US Signal data centers and US Signal cloud, and the ability to utilize Carrier Ethernet and MPLS protocol for fast recovery and low latency data transmission.
Network and Connectivity
- Direct connection to the US Signal 14,000 mile fiber backbone
- Multiple diverse pathways from several access provider central offices to the data center
- Redundant routers and switches with redundant up links
- Redundant backbone cabling and pathways
- Direct, dedicated network connections to major cloud providers without peering directly or collocating networking equipment in a provider-supported data center.
- Virtual Cloud Connect to establish Layer 3 connectivity to hyperscale providers, including AWS, Azure, and Google
- Replication and backup data paths available via Layer 3 connectivity on the US Signal owned and operated backbone enabling data transfer of 5-10 ms
Take a Look Inside
2. Biometric Scan
5. Loading dock
6. Back up generators
7. HVAC (N + X)
9. Clean agent fire suppression
Access, Security, and Compliance
Our data center services are secure and reliable, all while maintaining accessibility and availability to your IT assets. Customers colocating in the South Bend data center can have peace of mind knowing their assets are being monitored 24/7/365 by US Signal's Technical Operations Center, whether that be through physical surveillance and building infrastructure, or remotely through managed security services including web application security, vulnerability management, and remote patch management.
Like all US Signal colocation facilities, the South Bend's data center undergoes regular audits for compliance with:
- SSAE 18, SOC 1, Type 2
- SOC 2, Type 1
- FBI CJIS
- GDPR Privacy Shield
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
To learn more about compliance — including how to identify and work with PCI- and/or HIPAA-compliant cloud services providers, download Partnering for Compliance in the Cloud. Or, contact us to find out how US Signal’s well-governed, high-quality IT infrastructure can help your company meet many of its compliance requirements.