The Southfield Data Center is centrally located in the Detroit suburb of Southfield near M-10, M-39, and M-24, and provides convenient, cost-effective colocation and cloud services in the Greater Detroit area.
One of US Signal’s four SSAE 18-audited, HIPAA-compliant, PCI-certified data centers in Michigan, the Southfield Data Center offers half cabinets, full cabinets and private cages, as well as public and private cloud services, data protection services, managed services, and more — all backed by an SLA for 99.995% uptime.
Whether you use the Southfield Data Center for enterprise-grade cloud services, reliable, scalable colocation, a secondary disaster recovery site, or as a component of your hybrid IT strategy, you can be assured your critical IT assets are always up and accessible.
All critical facility components are redundant, and efficient cooling solutions keep temperature and humidity levels consistent. The Southfield Data Center is also directly connected to US Signal’s robust, secure network, providing you with greater network security and connection options.
- 200-amp 480V 3-phase power system
- 500kVa UPS w/battery backup
- Two 900kw and 600kw backup generators
- DC power w/battery backup available
- Power capacity and power quality monitored by US Signal Technical Operations Center
- 126 tons of cooling via APC & Liebert DX units
- Cold aisle containment throughout the space
- Temperature and humidity monitored by US Signal Technical Operations Center
- Ecaro 25 dry fire suppression throughout the space
- Outside 100-year flood plain and more than 300 feet from 50-year flood plain
- Close to airport, major highway traffic arteries, main rail lines, and navigable waterways
- Built to International Building Code (IBC 2006) standards
- Meets TIA-942 fire resistance requirements for exterior bearing and non-bearing walls and interior bearing walls, structural fame, interior computer room partition walls, and shaft enclosures
- Interior structure with doors meeting minimum fire rating code requirements
Ready for a tour?
See where your data is stored.
Your Hybrid IT Enabler
Take advantage of the Southfield data center’s VMWare-based cloud pod to run your workloads in the cloud and enjoy high availability, low latency and high-level security. Leverage private Layer 2 connections to US Signal Cloud resources — including US Signal’s HIPAA- and PCI DSS-compliant -hosted private cloud and public cloud resource pools.
You can also use US Signal’s Virtual Cloud Connect to establish layer 3 connectivity to directly connect to hyperscale providers, such as AWS, Google, and Azure. Plus, Southfield’s cloud pod can help you optimize resource utilization (active/active deployment), get support for roaming and home desktops, and access extensive geo-diverse data protection solutions.
Network and Connectivity
- Direct connection to the US Signal 14,000 mile fiber backbone
- Multiple diverse pathways from several access provider central offices to the data center
- Redundant routers and switches with redundant up links
- Redundant backbone cabling and pathways
- Direct, dedicated network connections to major cloud providers without peering directly or collocating networking equipment in a provider-supported data center.
- Virtual Cloud Connect to establish Layer 3 connectivity to hyperscale providers, including AWS, Azure, and Google.
- Cloud-to-Data Center (CDC) connection for dedicated Layer 2 access between collocated IT assets and US Signal public cloud resources when housed in the same US Signal data center
- Replication and backup data paths available via Layer 3 connectivity on the US Signal owned and operated backbone enabling data transfer of 5-10 ms
Take a Look Inside
1. Conference Room
4. Biometric Scan
6. Security Office
9. Loading dock
10. Dual back up generators
11. HVAC (N + X)
13. Hardened low profile concrete building
15. Clean agent fire suppression
16. Segmented layout with biometric access
Compliance is Standard
Like all US Signal colocation facilities, the Southfield data center undergoes regular audits for compliance with:
- SSAE 18, SOC 1, Type 2
- SOC 2, Type 1
- FBI CJIS
- GDPR Privacy Shield
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
To learn more about compliance — including how to identify and work with PCI- and/or HIPAA-compliant cloud services providers, download Partnering for Compliance in the Cloud. Or, contact us to find out how US Signal’s well-governed, high-quality IT infrastructure can help your company meet many of its compliance requirements.