Southfield, Michigan Data Center & Colocation
The Southfield, Michigan data center is centrally located near M-10, M-39, and M-24 in the Greater Detroit area. Half cabinets, full cabinets and private cages are available. The facility can also house your DR site and help ensure your critical IT assets are always up and accessible.
Designed for reliability and cost savings, it features best-of-breed equipment and technologies. All critical facility components are redundant, and efficient cooling solutions keep temperature and humidity levels consistent. The data center is also directly connected to US Signal’s robust, secure network, providing you with greater network security and connection options. Tested storm and emergency preparedness plans and multi-faced recovery plans are in place to help minimize service disruptions and ensure continued operation.
Take advantage of the Southfield data center’s VMWare-based cloud pod to run your workloads in the cloud and enjoy high availability, low latency and high-level security. Leverage private Layer 2 connections to US Signal Cloud resources — including US Signal’s HIPAA- and PCI DSS-compliant -hosted private cloud and public cloud resource pools.
You can also use US Signal’s Virtual Cloud Connect to establish layer 3 connectivity to directly connect to hyperscale providers, such as AWS, Google, and Azure. Plus, Southfield’s cloud pod can help you optimize resource utilization (active/active deployment), get support for roaming and home desktops, and access extensive geo-diverse data protection solutions.
Ready for a tour?
See where your data is stored.
- 800a 480V 3 phase
- 250kVa UPS w/battery backup
- DC power w/battery backup available
- Power capacity and power quality monitored by US Signal TOC
- 126 tons of cooling via APC & Liebert DX units
- Cold aisle containment throughout the space
- Temperature and humidity monitored by US Signal TOC
- Ecaro 25 dry fire suppression throughout the space
- Photoelectric fire sensors throughout the space
- Biometric access control with iris scanners on main entrance doors
- Steel mesh in all walls for added security
- Digital video surveillance monitored live in US Signal TOC, recordings kept for at least 90 days
Compliance is Standard
Like all US Signal colocation facilities, the Grand Rapids Easts Center data center undergoes regular audits for compliance with:
- SSAE 18, SOC 1, Type 2
- SOC 2, Type 1
- FBI CJIS
- GDPR Privacy Shield
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
To learn more about compliance — including how to identify and work with PCI- and/or HIPAA-compliant cloud services providers, download Partnering for Compliance in the Cloud. Or, contact us to find out how US Signal’s well-governed, high-quality IT infrastructure can help your company meet many of its compliance requirements.