Oak Brook, Illinois Data Center & Colocation
With convenient access to I-88 and I-294, the Oak Brook Data Center is located in the suburb of Oak Brook, only 20 miles west of Chicago. SSAE 18-audited, HIPAA-compliant, and PCI-certified, it offers half and full cabinets and private cages for scalable colocation in the Chicago area, as well as public and private cloud services, versatile connectivity options, and managed services.
The Oak Brook Data Center features 24/7, multi-level security, is backed by an SLA for 99.995% uptime, and is connected to US Signal’s robust, wholly owned network. All help ensure the reliability and availability of your critical IT assets — whether you use this Chicago area data center for reliable, scalable colocation, enterprise-grade cloud services, a secondary disaster recovery site, or as a component of your hybrid IT strategy,
In addition, all critical facility components at the Oak Brook Data Center are redundant, and efficient cooling solutions keep temperature and humidity levels consistent. Tested emergency preparedness and recovery plans further minimize service disruptions.
Leverage the Cloud Pod
Take advantage of the Oak Brook data center’s VMWare-based cloud pod to run your workloads in the cloud and enjoy high availability, low latency and high-level security. Leverage private Layer 2 connections to US Signal Cloud resources — including US Signal’s HIPAA- and PCI DSS-compliant -hosted private cloud and public cloud resource pools.
You can also use US Signal’s Virtual Cloud Connect to establish layer 3 connectivity to directly connect to hyperscale providers, such as AWS, Google, and Azure. Plus, Oak Brook’s cloud pod can help you optimize resource utilization (active/active deployment), get support for roaming and home desktops, and access extensive geo-diverse data protection solutions.
Protect Your IT Assets for $100*
For a limited time, you can get a secure cabinet at US Signal’s Oak Brook data center — for only $100*.
Purchase power, and get a cabinet for $100 a month with free access up to 1 Gbps total*.
Fill out the form to get started.
- 800-amp, 480V 3-phase power system
- 450kW diesel generator with 24 hour run time at full load
- 500kVa UPS capacity with battery backup
- DC power w/battery backup available
- Power capacity and power quality monitored by US Signal Technical Operations Center
- 92 tons of cooling via Liebert and Carrier DX units
- Total capacity to install 300 tons of cooling
- Temperature and humidity monitored by US Signal Technical Operations Center
- FM 200 dry fire suppression and Ecaro 25 Plus throughout the space
- Photoelectric fire sensors throughout the space
- Direct connection to the US Signal 14,000 mile fiber backbone
- Multiple diverse pathways from several access provider central offices to the data center
- Redundant routers and switches with redundant up links
- Redundant backbone cabling and pathways
- Direct, dedicated network connections to major cloud providers without peering directly or collocating networking equipment in a provider-supported data center
- Virtual Cloud Connect to establish Layer 3 connectivity to hyperscale providers, including AWS, Azure, and Google.
- Cloud-to-Data Center (CDC) connection for dedicated Layer 2 access between collocated IT assets and US Signal public cloud resources when housed in the same US Signal data center
- Replication and backup data paths available via Layer 3 connectivity on the US Signal owned and operated backbone enabling data transfer of 5-10 ms
- RFID access readers on all doors
- Digital video surveillance monitored live in US Signal Technical Operations Center; recordings kept for at least 90 days
- Managed security services available including web application security, vulnerability management, and remote patch management services
- Outside 100-year flood plain and more than 300 feet from 50-year flood plain
- Close to airport, major highway traffic arteries, main rail lines, and navigable waterways
- Meets TIA-942 fire resistance requirements for exterior bearing and non-bearing walls and interior bearing walls, structural fame, interior computer room partition walls, and shaft enclosures
- Windowless structure with doors meeting minimum fire rating code requirements
Take a Look Inside
See where your data is stored.Download Floorplan
Compliance is Standard
Like all US Signal colocation facilities, the Oak Brook data center undergoes regular audits for compliance with:
- SSAE 18, SOC 1, Type 2
- SOC 2, Type 1
- FBI CJIS
- GDPR Privacy Shield
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
To learn more about compliance — including how to identify and work with PCI- and/or HIPAA-compliant cloud services providers, download Partnering for Compliance in the Cloud. Or, contact us to find out how US Signal’s well-governed, high-quality IT infrastructure can help your company meet many of its compliance requirements.