With convenient access to I-88 and I-294, the Oak Brook Data Center is located in the suburb of Oak Brook, only 20 miles west of Chicago. SSAE 18-audited, HIPAA-compliant, and PCI-certified. It offers half and full cabinets and private cages for scalable colocation in the Chicago area, public and private cloud services, versatile connectivity options, and managed services.
The Oak Brook Data Center features 24/7, multi-level security, is backed by an SLA for 99.995% uptime, and is connected to US Signal’s robust, wholly-owned network. All help ensure the reliability and availability of your critical IT assets — whether you use this Chicago area data center for reliable, scalable colocation, enterprise-grade cloud services, a secondary disaster recovery site, or as a component of your hybrid IT strategy.
In addition, all critical facility components at the Oak Brook Data Center are redundant, and efficient cooling solutions keep the temperature and humidity levels consistent. Tested emergency preparedness and recovery plans further minimize service disruptions.
IT Solutions for the Chicago Metro Area
Are you looking for a reliable partner to help manage the IT needs of your Chicago area business? Look no further than US Signal. Our comprehensive managed IT services and expert IT consulting will keep your business running smoothly. Plus, with our enterprise cloud solutions, you can securely store and access your data from anywhere.
- 800-amp, 480V 3-phase power system
- 450kW diesel generator with 24 hour run time at full load
- 500kVa UPS capacity with battery backup
- DC power w/battery backup available
- Power capacity and power quality monitored by US Signal Technical Operations Center
- 92 tons of cooling via Liebert and Carrier DX units
- Total capacity to install 300 tons of cooling
- Temperature and humidity monitored by US Signal Technical Operations Center
- FM 200 dry fire suppression and Ecaro 25 Plus throughout the space
- Photoelectric fire sensors throughout the space
- Outside 100-year flood plain and more than 300 feet from 50-year flood plain
- Close to airport, major highway traffic arteries, main rail lines, and navigable waterways
- Meets TIA-942 fire resistance requirements for exterior bearing and non-bearing walls and interior bearing walls, structural fame, interior computer room partition walls, and shaft enclosures
- Windowless structure with doors meeting minimum fire rating code requirements
Network And Connectivity
- Direct connection to the US Signal 9,500 mile fiber backbone
- Multiple diverse pathways from several access provider central offices to the data center
- Redundant routers and switches with redundant up links
- Redundant backbone cabling and pathways
- Direct, dedicated network connections to major cloud providers without peering directly or collocating networking equipment in a provider-supported data center
- Virtual Cloud Connect to establish Layer 3 connectivity to hyperscale providers, including AWS, Azure, and Google.
- Cloud-to-Data Center (CDC) connection for dedicated Layer 2 access between collocated IT assets and US Signal public cloud resources when housed in the same US Signal data center
- Replication and backup data paths available via Layer 3 connectivity on the US Signal owned and operated backbone enabling data transfer of 5-10 ms
Take A Look Inside
1. Conference Room
4. Biometric Scan
8. Loading dock
9. Single back up generator
10. HVAC (N + X)
13. Clean agent fire suppression
14. Segmented layout with biometric access
Compliance Is Standard
Like all US Signal colocation facilities, the Oak Brook data center undergoes regular audits for compliance with:
- SSAE 18, SOC 1, Type 2
- SOC 2, Type 1
- FBI CJIS
- GDPR Privacy Shield
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
To learn more about compliance — including how to identify and work with PCI- and/or HIPAA-compliant cloud services providers, download Partnering for Compliance in the Cloud. Or, contact us to find out how US Signal’s well-governed, high-quality IT infrastructure can help your company meet many of its compliance requirements.
Ready For A Tour?
Come and explore our state-of-the-art data center, designed to provide world-class security and reliability for your data storage needs. With over 40,000 square feet of dedicated space, our facility is equipped with advanced cooling systems, uninterruptible power supply, and round-the-clock monitoring to ensure your data is always safe and accessible.
Complete the form below to book a tour and see for yourself why US Signal is the go-to Data Center choice!