Oak Brook, Illinois Data Center & Colocation
With convenient access to I-88 and I-294, the Oak Brook, Illinois data center stands only 20 miles west of Chicago. Half cabinets, full cabinets and private cages are available. The facility can also house your DR site and help ensure your critical IT assets are always up and accessible.
Designed for reliability and cost savings, it features best-of-breed equipment and technologies. All critical facility components are redundant, and efficient cooling solutions keep temperature and humidity levels consistent. The data center is also directly connected to US Signal’s robust, secure network, providing you with greater network security and connection options. Tested storm and emergency preparedness plans and multi-faced recovery plans are in place to help minimize service disruptions and ensure continued operation.
Your Hybrid IT Enabler
Put your workloads in the environment where they’ll perform best. Use the Grand Rapids East data center as the catalyst and foundation for a hybrid IT strategy. Maintain ownership of your assets and maximize your investment in them without the costs, labor and expertise required to keep them on site.
When you’re ready, use US Signal’s Cloud-to-Data Center (CDC) connection to move a workload or two to the US Signal public cloud. With your non-cloud infrastructure in the same facility as your virtualized workloads, you take advantage of fast, reliable data transfer between the two environments.
There's Always Another Way
You can also use US Signal’s Virtual Cloud Connect to establish layer 3 connectivity between your private data center or a US Signal cloud service to cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, and Google. You don’t have to peer directly or collocate your networking equipment in a provider-supported data center.
Ready for a Tour?
Want to see it in person? Schedule a data center tour.
- 800a 480V 3 phase
- 450kW diesel generator with 24 hour run time at full load
- 500kVa UPS capacity with battery backup
- DC power w/battery backup available
- Power capacity and power quality monitored by US Signal TOC
- 92 tons of cooling via Liebert and Carrier DX units
- Total capacity to install 300 tons of cooling
- Temperature and humidity monitored by US Signal TOC
- FM 200 dry fire suppression and Ecaro 25 Plus throughout the space
- Photoelectric fire sensors throughout the space
- RFID access readers on all doors
- Steel mesh in all walls for added security
- Digital video surveillance monitored live in US Signal TOC, recordings kept for at least 90 days
Compliance is Standard
Like all US Signal colocation facilities, the Grand Rapids Easts Center data center undergoes regular audits for compliance with:
- SSAE 18, SOC 1, Type 2
- SOC 2, Type 1
- FBI CJIS
- GDPR Privacy Shield
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
To learn more about compliance — including how to identify and work with PCI- and/or HIPAA-compliant cloud services providers, download Partnering for Compliance in the Cloud. Or, contact us to find out how US Signal’s well-governed, high-quality IT infrastructure can help your company meet many of its compliance requirements.