Next-Gen Phishing Threats, Account Takeover Attacks, and Email Imposter Fraud
At the Cyber Fraud of West Michigan - Out Smart the Hackers seminar, Jorel Van Os gave an eye-opening presentation. He demonstrated how easily phishing can be engineered, and followed up with real-life examples to further express how frequent and common these threats are. As Jorel points out with a few key stats, account take overs are on the rise in the first two quarters of 2019.
See Jorel's slides to learn more about the threats, as well as some practical tips and recommended tools for increasing your email defenses.
- MFA-defeating phishing proxy demo & ransomware detonation demo
- Advanced email threats and their impact: account takeovers attacks (ATO) and business email compromise (BEC)
- US Signal’s current email threat landscape
- Real life examples of malicious emails sent to US Signal
- Email threat defenses
- Strong Multi-Factor Authentication (especially U2F/FIDO2/WebAuthn)
- Email security software & disaster recovery / business continuity (BC/DR) strategy
- Email server and DNS configuration (SPF, DKIM, and DMARC) overview
- Examples of free tools that can really help
- User awareness training including monthly phishing simulations
- Key takeaways and top 5 questions to ask your IT team
Complete this form to Download the Slides